Main game concept, Journeys in the Dark
I - Rules
(see JITD, p. 17-18; FAQ, p. 1)
- The town is a place that the heroes can retreat to in order to re-supply and train.
- Dead heroes are also sent back to the town to be resurrected at the temple.
- A hero in the town may choose to shop by spending three movement points.
- All heroes in the town are considered adjacent to each other and cannot be targeted by overlord cards.
The hero may visit the town's market. He can purchase one or more items from the town shop deck, he may sell any of his items for half of their value (rounded down to the nearest 25 coins), and he may purchase any of the following:
|Item||Cost in Coins|
|Draw 1 Copper Treasure *||250|
|Draw 1 Silver Treasure *||500|
|Draw 1 Gold Treasure *||750|
|Draw 1 New Skill Card **||1,000|
|Gain 1 Training Token ***||500|
* When purchasing treasures, the hero player draws the card at random from the appropriate deck. As changed in the FAQ, heroes can only buy treasure cards from the shop if they have previously opened at least one chest of that color this game.
** When purchasing skills, the hero player draws the card at random from the appropriate deck (selecting any one of the three skill decks).
*** When purchasing a training token, the hero player chooses one training token and places it on his hero sheet. Each training token adds +1 to one of the hero's traits, as shown on the token itself. A player may never improve one of his traits to a value higher than 5.