I - Rules
(see JITD, p. 18; WOD, p. 5; AOD, p. 8; TOI, p. 7; FAQ 1.3, p. 1)
The following rules apply to all type of potions:
- When a hero picks up a healing potion, he may immediately equip it for free if he doesn't already have three equipped potions. He may place the potion in his pack if it isn't already carrying three unequipped items.
- Heroes may purchase any type of potions from the town shop for 50 gold.
- A hero may drink one of the potions he has equipped (not in his pack) by spending one movement point.
- A hero cannot have more than one type of potion active at a time. A hero who drinks a new potion while an old potion marker remains on his hero sheet must remove the previously placed marker, which is then replaced by the new one. For example, a hero cannot have an Invulnerability potion and an Invisibility potion active at the same time.
- The FAQ now states that "Each hero may only drink 1 potion (of any type) each turn. This prevents players from using certain overly powerful potion combinations. All potions are returned to the Market when the effects of that potion end".
Healing Potion (JITD)
||Healing potions are elixirs with magical healing powers. A hero who drinks a healing potion recovers three wounds (not to exceed his maximum wounds).
Vitality Potion (JITD)
||Vitality potions are elixirs with magical restorative powers. He then restores his fatigue to its maximum value, just as if he had used a rest order.
Power Potion (WOD)
||Power potions are elixirs with magical strengthening powers. A hero who drinks a power potion rolls all 5 power dice on his next attack. The attack does not have to be made on the same turn that the potion is drunk, but the effect is canceled if the hero is killed or drinks another potion before making an attack.
Invulnerability Potion (AOD)
||Invulnerability potions are elixirs with magical protection powers. A hero who drinks an invulnerability potion places the potion marker on top of his hero's picture on his hero sheet. Any time the hero is struck by an enemy attack, he may discard the invulnerability potion from his hero sheet portrait after the attack roll is made to gain +10 Armor against that attack. This effect is canceled if the hero drinks another potion before using it. Otherwise, the potion remains in effect until the hero discards the token or dies.
Road to Legend
Invulnerability potions (introduced in The Altar of Despair) are not used in the Advanced Campaign. They should be set aside for its duration.
Invisibility Potion (TOI)
||Invisibility potions are elixirs with magical concealment powers. When a hero drinks an invisibility potion, his player places the potion marker on top of his hero's picture on his hero sheet. While the invisibility potion marker remains on the hero, that hero gains the Stealth ability. At the start of his turn, that hero must roll a power die. If the result is a surge, the invisibility potion wears off, and the invisibility potion marker is removed from the hero sheet. All other die results have no effect.